Staffing a pair of 83's needed

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Staffing a pair of 83's needed

New postby brownsrplm » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:04 pm

I have a pair of Frostie 83's in Waltham Anti-Mag cases that I need staffed. The one with the swirl pattern has good jewels at both ends and just needs the staff, but the one with the cross hatch pattern may have a bad cap jewel on the bottom. I don't know for sure because I can't get the balance out of the hole. My guess since I just purchased these, is that someone tried to fix that one and put one in that was the wrong size. The cross hatch pattern one also has an anti-mag hairspring in it. Probably an attempt to change it and not factory.

Any one out there willing to do the work for me? If so PM or email me please!!

DSC00430.JPG

DSC00432.JPG

DSC00433.JPG
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Re: Staffing a pair of 83's needed

New postby L48X55 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:13 pm

PM sent Raymund.
Daniel Wysner
L48X55

NAWCC #: 176862

New postby L48X55 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:37 pm

Raymund that Grade 25 Plaid pattern with the non mag HS could be original. They made several runs of these grades in Non mag. I have two but both mine are stamped Non Mag. Since this is there it could have been sent back to the factory for the HS conversion.
Daniel Wysner
L48X55

NAWCC #: 176862

New postby MrRoundel » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:21 pm

I'm guessing that the pivot may be "mushroomed" beyond the jewel, making it difficult to remove. I've had it happen. ApruptEventually I got it out of the jewel, though I can't remember how, but the "button" end broke off. I did, however, leave the jewel intact somehow. That much I do remember.
Brian M. Watson
MrRoundel

New postby brownsrplm » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:57 pm

Brian,
I hope that is all that's wrong with it. Neil says he will do the work for me, so I'll find out soon enough.
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!