Two Hamilton 992s - need service/repairs

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Two Hamilton 992s - need service/repairs

New postby Glyn Meredith » Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:04 pm

I have two Hamilton 992s that need service/repairs. One was running more than five minutes per day slow but today will not run for more than a few seconds. The balance assembly looks OK. The other 992 is running well but the minute and hour hands will not go round - maybe a cannon pinion problem.

Please contact me on the back channel with details of how you might be able to help.

Thanks in advance.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Re: Two Hamilton 992s - need service/repairs

New postby Glyn Meredith » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:35 am

These watches are being repaired. Thanks to all who contacted me on the back channel with suggestions and advice.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!