A company that can fix the threads on a pocket watch case?

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

A company that can fix the threads on a pocket watch case?

New postby Jdzwatches » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:47 pm

I have a nice model 1 Hamilton WGF case that has a problem with the threads on the bezel side of the case.after careful inspection of the bezel and case I can't really see what's wrong,I carefully tried the bezel on the back of the case and it screws on perfectly so the problem must be with the threads on the front of the case.does anyone know of a company that can repair this??? Thanks for any help you can give.
'JD' - James Green
Jdzwatches

Re: A company that can fix the threads on a pocket watch case?

New postby watchguy » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:05 am

Try contacting Wuischpard & son at caserepair@cfl.rr.com . I'm sure they will get back to you right away with an answer. I've used them with good results.
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

Re: A company that can fix the threads on a pocket watch case?

New postby Jdzwatches » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks Derek,I will see if I can't find time to check them out tomorrow and see what thay say.other than this it's a very nice case no brassing anywhere even on the bow.
'JD' - James Green
Jdzwatches

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!