Spring for Anniversary Clock

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Spring for Anniversary Clock

New postby cuckoojohnboy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:13 pm

Hi - Wondering if anyone can help me with a couple springs I'm in need of for two anniversary clocks. One clock takes a helical spring. The other one takes a flat spring. I've been in touch with all the major clock suppliers but have found nothing. Horolovar used to carry these but no longer.

Is there a way for fashion one that will work? Any help would certainly be appreciated.

Thanks
Johnboy
John Stahlman
cuckoojohnboy

Re: Spring for Anniversary Clock

New postby veritas » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:23 pm

Hello Johnboy, If you could post some pictures perhaps i can help.The flat spring you refer to is it a torsion spring, very thin say maybe .003 thou thick.
The other spring is this for a mechanical or quartz anniversary clock.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby watchguy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:42 pm

Timesavers should have the suspension spring you need. I just checked and they carry a wide variety. What do you know about the one you need? Do you have a part number, or a thickness?
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

New postby cuckoojohnboy » Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 pm

They are both for quartz movements. I'll try posting a copy of the paper that horolovar supplied me with years ago. The springs I have a not in very good shape - and I'm not too camera literate, but could have my daughter take a few pics if this paper is not sufficient.

Johnboy

It won't let me download the file - says it is too big. I did post a pic on NAWCC.ORG Board though.
John Stahlman
cuckoojohnboy

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:11 am

Hi, John. Welcome to GH. It's good to see you posting.

I'm sure you will get some help with your project. If you need to trade on GH, I'll verify your address and make you a full member, then you can post in the trading forums (Items Wanted, etc.)

Good luck with your project.

If you send me your pic file (e-mail ... see the envelope icon to the right of this message) I will re-size it and post it here.

You could post in the introduction topic too, if you have time and don't mind sharing some details about yourself:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=5295
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!