Need crown for old 18s Case

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Need crown for old 18s Case

New postby crazycharacter » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:45 pm

This case hold an early AT keywind. The case is a bit unusual as the back pops open when the crown is pushed instead of the front. It is missing the crown and currently can only be opened by carefully prying the back. I am looking to get it repaired so it works correctly. I believe it should have a flat style crown/pusher. If you have the correct parts or know someone who can get this done, please email me with contact information and a rough estimate. I looked through all of my parts and have nothing that will work.

Thanks!

Adam

18 013201102180013.jpg
18 014201102180014.jpg
Adam Hutira
crazycharacter

NAWCC #: 0158123

Re: Need crown for old 18s Case

New postby watchguy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:25 pm

I think I can make the required part for you out of brass, and then plate it, but you'd have to send me the case. Are you interested?
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

Re: Need crown for old 18s Case

New postby 4thdimension » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:52 pm

I have some NROS (new, really old, stock) pushers here. If you would measure the ID and OD of the pendant and the approximate reach (length)needed to open the case, I'll see if I can match it.-Cort
Cort Moore
4thdimension

NAWCC #: 094512

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!