Hunter case hinges

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Hunter case hinges

New postby JC1957 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Does any one here repair or work on hunter case hinges?
John Cash
JC1957

Re: Hunter case hinges

New postby watchguy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:34 pm

I'd also like to find someone. I think I remember a post on the NAWCC message board. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

New postby watchguy » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:23 pm

This post mentions someone who repairs cases: http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?t=66 ... ase+repair
This post mentions the same person: http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?t=66 ... ase+repair

His name is Leon Harris- you can contact him at: HarrisLJ@msn.com
watchguy

Re: hunter case hinges

New postby John Arrowood » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:26 pm

Leon does very good work. He has done some repairs for me, used his laser welder to repair a gold-colored hand for a 14-size Waltham and other case repairs.
John Arrowood
John Arrowood

NAWCC #: 022912

New postby John Moane » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:52 am

The best is Peter Wuischpard here is his email address caserepair@cfl.rr.com He is a member of the NAWCC and I have tried them all and found Peter to be fast and very good with any case repairs.I have given him a ton of cases over the years and they always come back in mint condition and it doesn't take a year to wait for them.
John Moane

Skype Account: John Moane
NAWCC #: 0163808

New postby watchguy » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks, John,
what kind of repairs does he do? Does he do engraving?
Can he repair the threads on my open face case (it's been slighlty dented so the back won't screw on all the way).
watchguy

New postby John Arrowood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:18 pm

Derek,
Leon is in a jewelery store that was started by his Grandfather many years ago, so I think he can do engraving but if you send him an email I think he will reply quickly. He tightened up the covers on some hunting cases that wouldn't stay closed, removed a blob of melted metal from a Hamilton Webster case and it's impossilbe to see where the blob was, tightened the setting for a small diamond in the back of a Burlington, and laser welded the hands I mentioned earlier. There may have been other jobs he did, I just can't remember. He is about 6o miles north and west of me so it's an easy trip and he usually does the work while I wait.
I have used Wuischpard also and they did a great job of soldering a lug back on an Omega gf case for me. The repair was done very quickly. I asked about getting it repaired here at a couple of jewelery stores who do repairs on jewelery and one quoted a price of $300 which is considerably more than it was worth; I could have bought another in a gold case for that kind of money. The other didn't want to do it, said the gold plating would melt.
John Arrowood
John Arrowood

NAWCC #: 022912

New postby John Moane » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi Derek, I would think that he could do anything in case repairs. Here's his web site.
http://www.watchcaserepair.com/
John Moane

Skype Account: John Moane
NAWCC #: 0163808

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!