Recommendations to restore Gruen Curvex Century?

Ask here, if you have a watch or clock that you need to get cleaned or repaired. Any contracts for work are not the responsibility of this message board. Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers should only perform work that has been estimated and agreed with the customer.
Forum rules
Please make sure that the terms of your agreement are clear. Watch/clockmakers must not perform work that has not been estimated and agreed with the customer.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Recommendations to restore Gruen Curvex Century?

New postby mdloggins » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:55 pm

I recently acquired what I believe is a Gruen Curvex Century. The movement is not running. The case is pretty nice 14k but the dial needs to be refinished and restored to proper Gruen configuration and the crystal needs to be replaced with one that is a proper fit for the curvature of the watch. I am looking for references of a watchmaker/restorer to entrust the work to . I would appreciate all advice and thanks in advance.
Michael D. Loggins
mdloggins

NAWCC #: 0134810

Re: Recommendations to restore Gruen Curvex Century?

New postby Cary Hurt » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:34 am

Michael,

I have restored dozens of Curvexes. I currently have three 14K Century Curvexes in different configurations, and probably six or seven Sentry (same as Century, but in gold-filled) models.

I'm sure I have whatever parts you might need, and can direct you to watchmakers experienced with the Gruen 440 movement.

E-mail if you'd like more info.

Cary
Cary Hurt
Cary Hurt
GH Moderator

Skype Account: cary.hurt
NAWCC #: 143360

Re: Recommendations to restore Gruen Curvex Century?

New postby mdloggins » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:09 pm

Sorry, I just found that my post was moved. I had tried emailing you awile ago but got no response. Anyway, I've already sent the watch to someone for the work. Thanks for your offer nonetheless.
Michael D. Loggins
mdloggins

NAWCC #: 0134810

Return to Cleaning and repairs needed!