Heavy Hitters

Chat about anything that is not related to horology, NAWCC, or other horological associations.
Forum rules
This is where we take a break from our hobby. Please do not post here about horology, NAWCC or other horological associations, vulgar anecdotes, religion or politics.

Heavy Hitters

New postby Lyle Stratton » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:08 am

What happened to the heavy hitters that use to post on GH????? Brownsrplm, Veritas, John Moane, Irwin and some that I can't recall.
Lyle Stratton

NAWCC #: 055905

Re: Heavy Hitters

New postby Marty101 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:35 pm

Well Lyle,they slowly faded into the horological void,or wherever ol' pocket watch collectors go...I'm kind of floating there myself.
Sad...I know,my friend.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby perby » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Oh No !!!!
Not you, Marty,
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby perby » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:50 pm

Hi all,
You know we go through this once or twice a year. I think without a doubt this site is by far the most friendly, and responsive site of any of the larger and more popular sites, and can not figure why it slumps so often. I do not know if it happens as a result of peoples perception, this site being not as popular, think the information is not forthcoming, or not as accurate, or what, but myself for one, not being an expert in anything, think this is faster, better, and as accurate as any of the other sites. I agree what has happened to all the old time knowledgeable and informative members that were always contributing, their
wisdom and knowledge here. They are sorely missed by the not so knowledgeable ones (myself) included.
I sure would like them to return here, as it is sad to see this site struggle.
I also realize it is summer and other things take occupy a person at this time, but generally not at once do all things stop ?
I check this site almost daily, as I do the other ones, and I think most collectors involved do also.
Folks the loss would be felt by many members here,
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby Marty101 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:09 pm

Bill last year was really the end,but I pushed for one more. We need a webmaster to be boss man here. From what I understand it's not a huge job-but we have no volunteers. I thought I had a man all set up to take over,but he backed out.
If you know of anyone at all that's willing,please help...I feel the same way you do,my friend. :D
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby veritas » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:19 pm

I have not posted in quite a while, Summer is very busy for me, this Summer more so. I have been really busy at home in the basement sorting it out. I feel guilty not posting much here. I really enjoy the people here as they are friendly and knowledgeable.
In general i have not been posting much on websites overall. I hope everyone is having a great Summer and looking forward to posting more. If i was retired i would be more glad to help out more on this web site.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

Return to Water Cooler