Chinese antiques ??

Chat about anything that is not related to horology, NAWCC, or other horological associations.
Forum rules
This is where we take a break from our hobby. Please do not post here about horology, NAWCC or other horological associations, vulgar anecdotes, religion or politics.

Chinese antiques ??

New postby perby » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:57 am

Hi all,
I have found the group of people here likely the most diverse, and well rounded on most topics. I hope that there is someone here that can answer the questions I have.
I have a couple of Chinese antiques, I believe several centuries old, but know nothing about them, at least as yet.
Enclosed see a few pictures of them, one I beleive is a tea pot jade body with Tibetan silver metalwork, the other is I believe an incense burner, same jade body and Tibetan silver metalwork.
Also I have the pictures of the marks on each of them, and that is what I am trying to find out, if anyone has a source of the chines marks, or knows how to decipher them ?

I buy and sell a lot of antique items and try to research them as best I can, but am completely unfamiliar with these types of marks.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks,
Bill

jade 001.jpg
jade 006.jpg
jade 013.jpg
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pics placed inline.
Bill Manders
perby

Return to Water Cooler