Tis a bit quiet around here.

Chat about anything that is not related to horology, NAWCC, or other horological associations.
Forum rules
This is where we take a break from our hobby. Please do not post here about horology, NAWCC or other horological associations, vulgar anecdotes, religion or politics.

Tis a bit quiet around here.

New postby Stephan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:46 pm

Just wanted to ask people what they were doing this holidays.

I am putting the finishing touches to my MG project and playing with the Grand kids whom we are minding for a few days.

What about you ??????
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Proud Member of Global Horology and Chapter 149
Stephan

Skype Account: stephan.gaal

Re: Tis a bit quiet around here.

New postby richiec » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:09 am

Haven't been able to do much, tore my right rotator cuff, right bicep muscle and developed some kind of numbness in my right hand and face, thankfully ruled out a stroke, can't work on my watches, frustrating. Getting a nerve test in 2 weeks and maybe surgery after, then will be down for another 6 weeks. We are enjoying our new grand daughter, 3 1/2 months old, she is coming down this weekend for a visit. Still working 10-11 hours a day. Wish I could give it up but health insurance costs, food costs, etc keep rising but the paycheck can't keep pace. Keep buying car magazines in hopes that someday another 1967 GTO will come along for $625 like my first one or another Mustang convertible will come along for $500 like the first one, but 45 years later can't expect much. Every year we keep promising ourselves that my buddy will get his 69 Z-28 Camaro out of his garage so we can start working on it like we did 40 years ago putting a nose on it, a scatter shield on it in case we raced it but marriage and kids got in the way. Glad to hear your MG project is coming along, can't wait to see the final product. Haven't driven an old one in 32 years when I had a customer with a 52 MG-TC that I rebuilt the carb on.
Richard Cross
richiec

NAWCC #: 0168470

New postby veritas » Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:40 pm

Busy with work and life, been helping my neighbour some with some house hold renos and i need to do some as well. Winter sure is here, more snow than normal for January. Freezing rain today, and two mild days and another 20 centimeteres of snow on the way for Saturday.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby Stephan » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:36 am

We are having cool weather for January.
We get a string of below average days then it hits you with a really hot one.
This week will be low 20's till Thursday when they are tipping 38.
Then back to cool again.
I don't mind it hot if it stays hot but these sudden ups and downs are tiring.
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Stephan

New postby richiec » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 pm

We went though days of single digits, then lots of snow then up to 60 and rain, no more snow, now down into the teens (farenheit) again. Can't wait for spring but 2 months to go.
Richard Cross
richiec

New postby Stephan » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:44 am

At least you get a White Christmas.
Tis a bit hard to sit down to a big meal with all the trimmings when it is boiling hot outside
and cold meat and salad does not quiet evoke the feeling of Christmas no matter how hard you try to dress it up.

Christmas in July is getting popular around here for exactly those reasons.
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Stephan

New postby richiec » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:01 pm

Stephan, it was actually warm for Christmas, all of this fun stuff occurred after Jan 1. Got a "day off" for the storm, if shoveling the stuff is a day off, now it is all melted but cold. Well, time for work.
Richard Cross
richiec

Return to Water Cooler