New camera

Tips and techniques for taking the best possible pictures of your timepieces.

New camera

New postby Canuck » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:18 pm

`Just bought myself an Olympus E-PL2 (PEN) digital, and I thought I'd experiment a bit. This is my Hamilton 950B. It's shown with my Hamilton 950. I like them both, but I think the 950 is prettier!

950B 2.jpg
P4223360.JPG
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

Re: New camera

New postby Canuck » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:41 pm

I wanted to see how clean an image would be, even downsized, but significantly enlarged. Looked better before I downsized it, but this looks okay. I've added a shot of my 19-jewel Hamilton 952 which is of the same family. You don't see a lot of these around. At least I don't!

Hamilton 950 B 001.JPG
Hamilton 952 001.JPG
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:21 am

Your pics are OK, Doug, but you could post them with bigger dimensions for this MB. Max 1100 x 1100 pix and not larger than 300K file size. You can post very detailed pictures within those limits.

A tad brighter would suit my taste. If you don't change the exposure settings on our camera, all photo-editing applications these days can make your photos brighter, change the contrast, etc.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Canuck » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Glyn,

Along with the new camera is a new photo editting program that is going to take some time to learn. I have brightened up the images a bit, but they somehow have a sort of messed with appearance about them, and I don't think there has been any improvement, over all. There's no substitute for getting the lighting right before you take the picture. Carry on, learning!
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

Return to Horological Photography