New member popping in

New registered users and members. please look here first and post to the "New member checking in..." topic to introduce yourselves. Also look here for news, public announcements, Message Board Guidance and Rules.
Forum rules
If you want to start a new topic or post a public announcement here, please ask the Webmaster or Site Admin first. Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC.

New members please add your 'New Member' posts to the topic "New member checking in...."

Announcements that are out of date will probably be deleted.

New member popping in

New postby micky0121 » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Hi all
Firstly I would like to thank Glyn for the welcome chat when I signed in , My name is Mike and have found myself over the last few months getting interested in pocket watches . I think I made my first mistake :oops: by buying a pocket watch off a well known auction site with the label works and runs well . Not when I received it , it didn't.
So I thought I could use it to teach and learn from it , I have purchased my first book " The Pocket Watch" by Christopher Barrow. and found it very interesting and informative.
I realise I have a long way to go but hopefully this site will help me on my way , So Hello everybody.
Thanks
Mike
Michael Smith
micky0121

Re: New member popping in

New postby Glyn Meredith » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:55 pm

Welcome to GH, Mike.

As I mentioned to you before, there is a wealth of experience here and our members are very friendly and helpful. If you ask questions, you will surely get an answer.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby perby » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Hi Mike,
and welcome to this board, as Glyn has stated , just ask and I know someone will answer, any and all questions.
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby veritas » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:41 am

Welcome to the group Mike and please ask questions.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby Marty101 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:45 pm

Mike-welcome!
Things have been fairly quiet here lately,but it doesn't take much to stir things up. Please ask anything-no question is too basic. Lots of data here,lots of pictures,and lots of experts-and good men.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby micky0121 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:22 pm

Hi all
Thanks for the welcome , already got a small collection of non-working pocket watches and started building my tool kit.and bought a couple of books to help with your advice.
micky0121
Michael Smith
micky0121

Return to GH Billboard