New member checking in....

New registered users and members. please look here first and post to the "New member checking in..." topic to introduce yourselves. Also look here for news, public announcements, Message Board Guidance and Rules.
Forum rules
If you want to start a new topic or post a public announcement here, please ask the Webmaster or Site Admin first. Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC.

New members please add your 'New Member' posts to the topic "New member checking in...."

Announcements that are out of date will probably be deleted.

Re: New member checking in....

New postby Marty101 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15 am

Neal welcome. Sounds like some nice examples of American pocket watches,congrats. I'm sure you'll get them running hanging here,whether you want to learn repairs or find a trustworthy man to do it.
As for the wristies they aren't my thing-but lots of other men are into them and I'm sure will comment. See you on the board,friend. :D
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Mikie_T » Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello Everyone...
My name is Mike Turner. I have been a watch collector for several years. My main collecting interest is Elgin Pocket watches.
I am really looking forward to enjoying conversations with other watch enthusiasts here on this forum.

Thanks for allowing me to join!!

Mike
Meridian, MS

One of my latest finds:
Braille Elgin.jpg

Well, my first attempt at posting picture here....
Mike Turner

Elgin National Watch Company, Elgin, Illinois.... Founded 1864. Makers of Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches, Bomb Sights and Precision Instruments.
Mikie_T

New postby pocwatjim » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Welcome Mike,

I have seen some of your posts on the NAWCC MB.

This is a smaller, more friendlier group and I look foward to your questions.
Jim Haney
pocwatjim

Skype Account: pocwatjim
NAWCC #: 138323

New postby Mikie_T » Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Thanks Jim..
I like friendly people!
Sometimes, I do get tired of trying to be on my P's and Q's when I post... then there is always someone who will tell you what is wrong with that old common watch (and, that it is just another old Elgin... of which there was a bazillion made) even if that is not what what you were asking... I'm sure you know.
I look forward to posting and learning here!

Mike

(P.S., I tried to learn how to work on watches over THERE..... but some high and mighty people tried to make me feel stupid. I really was but I didn't need anyone to point that out... LOL. Anyway, .....)

:D
Mike Turner

Elgin National Watch Company, Elgin, Illinois.... Founded 1864. Makers of Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches, Bomb Sights and Precision Instruments.
Mikie_T

New postby Glyn Meredith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 am

You're welcome at GH, Mikie. Nobody high and might here. Ask any question and you will get a civil and friendly answer.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Marty101 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:43 am

Welcome Mike! Glyn said it-we like questions here. We like pics too-try not to forget them!
Hope to catch you around.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Mikie_T » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:07 pm

Glyn Meredith wrote:You're welcome at GH, Mikie. Nobody high and might here. Ask any question and you will get a civil and friendly answer.

That is really good to hear Glyn.
I stopped asking questions "over there" due to the responses I was getting. BUT... in defense of SOME of the members of that board, I had a couple of guys contact me by PM and ask if they could help me. I soon learned I could ask a beginner type question of these few and get a good, easy, "on my level" type answer. These few are the ones that helped me get over my fear of opening a watch movement and doing surgery. I have brought a few "ailing watches" back to life and my thanks go out to the ones that truly enjoyed helping a beginner. (You know who you are).

Mike
;)
Mike Turner

Mikie_T

New postby Mikie_T » Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:09 pm

Marty101 wrote:Welcome Mike! Glyn said it-we like questions here. We like pics too-try not to forget them!
Hope to catch you around.

Thanks Marty... I too enjoy seeing other people's watches so I will post mine when I can.
Yep, see you around!

Mike
:)
Mike Turner

Mikie_T

New postby kevin h » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:25 pm

Hi everybody , Kevin here a new member checking in , I am a pocket watch collector , mostly the 1890-1920 , I have some lancaster, aurora, rockford, illinois ,I also enjoy cuckoo clocks and kitchen clocks . I do sell some , I am more of a collector
Kevin Hoffman
kevin h

New postby Mikie_T » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

Welcome Kevin!
I too collect watches from those makers. I try to keep my collection from makers in the state of Illinois.
Let's see some watches!
Mike
Mike Turner

Mikie_T

New postby Glyn Meredith » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:11 pm

Welcome, Kevin. You will find GH a friendly place. It's kept going by stalwart members and their posts. Ask or share anything and you should get a reply.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby perby » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:59 pm

Welcome Kevin,
A great place to be, lots of information and good help,
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby veritas » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:46 pm

Hello Kevin H, good to have you hear. This web site is friendly and helpful.
Hope you enjoy it here.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby kevin h » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome , I did post some Auroras Mike !
Kevin Hoffman
kevin h

New postby Mikie_T » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 pm

kevin h wrote:Thanks everyone for the warm welcome , I did post some Auroras Mike !

Yes, I went over and saw those.... REALLY nice!
Mike Turner

Mikie_T

PreviousNext

Return to GH Billboard