Loan secured by Pocket Watch in 1867

Horological printed matter, such as cards, catalogs, advertisements, periodicals and other items that were not intended to be permanent.

Moderator: 4thdimension

Loan secured by Pocket Watch in 1867

New postby harold » Mon May 09, 2011 9:22 pm

I saw this letter on eBay and could not resist in buying it. It was amazing to me to read the original value of the pocket watch and chain being offered for collateral in 1867. I was also taken back on the interest rate to be charged a the t rate of 2% per month. I am retired banker and people like that give money lenders a bad reputation. We did however have a few extras that we allowed for, such as service charges, application fees and handling charges.
Interesting letter.

Watch Letter 1876.jpeg
Harold E.A. Steurer
harold

NAWCC #: 019454

Re: Loan secured by Pocket Watch in 1867

New postby harold » Tue May 10, 2011 10:23 pm

I want to preserve this letter in some way. If I laminate this letter will I be able to undo the lamination without destroying the letter?
Harold E.A. Steurer
harold

NAWCC #: 019454

Re: Loan secured by Pocket Watch in 1867

New postby Glyn Meredith » Tue May 10, 2011 11:57 pm

I've laminated countless paper sheets, cards, etc. for teaching materials. Unless you can find a laminator that avoids any stickiness or heat to make it work, I would advise against it. I suggest you put it in a plain plastic file insert put some Scotch tape over the open end and, and keep it away from sunlight.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Ephemera - ads, cards, catalogs, periodicals