A Most Different Watch Display Stand

Horological printed matter, such as cards, catalogs, advertisements, periodicals and other items that were not intended to be permanent.

Moderator: 4thdimension

A Most Different Watch Display Stand

New postby MartyW » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 pm

I suppose that this is about the best place to share this with y'all.

I just received this (must be scarce) watch display stand, cleaned it up, and fell in love with it. It's quite heavy for its size and appears to be made of something better than pot metal. It is non-ferrous and is heavily plated in either nickel or chrome....don't know.....but enjoy it.

MartyTE

MVC-001S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG
US3062491.png
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

Re: A Most Different Watch Display Stand

New postby Marty101 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:51 am

Marty the E I dig that diagram.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby L48X55 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:32 pm

Great piece Marty. I had one that was made of Brass and it was good and heavy. Wouldn't topple over real easy with all that weight. I wish I had kept it now but I was just getting started and let fellow talk me out of it and never got paid.

But you know come to think of it I was a sucker relying on trust when I first got into the hobby. Got ripped by a bunch of "older" collectors. :o Different topic for a different day.
Daniel Wysner
L48X55

NAWCC #: 176862

New postby MartyW » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:19 pm

You need to be more careful when you speak about older collectors, because they are now considered a protected species, and talk like that might be construed as being 'politically incorrect'.

You may just find that you have Harry Reid looking into your motives and bringing it up before Congress tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :?

De debil made me say that..... :)
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby perby » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:59 pm

Hi Marty,
I have one just like that in Brass, great looks and heavy enough to hold any watch safely.
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby MartyW » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Does your have the same patent information on the base? Just curious.

I may eBay mine one of these days as I really have no need to display any of my watches outside of their humidity controlled storage boxes, and anyway, we both puff away, so there is always the chance of tobacco residue if shown openly.

MTE
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby L48X55 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:48 pm

MartyW wrote:You need to be more careful when you speak about older collectors, because they are now considered a protected species, and talk like that might be construed as being 'politically incorrect'.

You may just find that you have Harry Reid looking into your motives and bringing it up before Congress tomorrow. :lol: :lol: :lol: ;) :?

De debil made me say that..... :)

Marty maybe I need to rephrase that to more experienced collectors. You are right the more experienced collectors aren't always "older". Will that get me out of hot water ? :D :lol: That would be more fitting and also let others know that they, the more experienced collectors, take advantage of the newbie.
Daniel Wysner
L48X55

New postby MartyW » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:45 pm

Yep.............you're out of hot water, but you never were with me. I was trying to save you from the folks that are investigating the VA, the IRS, and every other strange thing happening these days. Dig...............? :)
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby Neilywatch » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:17 am

Hey Daniel- Didn't you have to deal with these so-called experienced collectors when you were collecting cars? :D They are in every hobby. I think I have lost enough money to experienced collectors to double my collection!!
Neil Wohl
Neilywatch

NAWCC #: 0122281

New postby perby » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:18 am

Marty,
I am out of town on holidays now, but will check and let you know when I return home.
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby L48X55 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:27 am

Neilywatch wrote:Hey Daniel- Didn't you have to deal with these so-called experienced collectors when you were collecting cars? :D They are in every hobby. I think I have lost enough money to experienced collectors to double my collection!!

Neil, Well Yes I did have to deal with them but hey they are used car dealers. What do you expect?? :shock: :lol:
Daniel Wysner
L48X55

New postby richiec » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:27 am

Not used, pre-abused is more like it. In my business I get to deal with a lot of used car dealers, there are good ones and bad ones just like in any field. Many sell "out of sight" warranties, once it is out of sight, the warranty is over. Just remember they are buying the dealer rejects most of the time, kind of like many of the watches I buy hoping to find the diamond in a pile of broken glass.
Richard Cross
richiec

NAWCC #: 0168470

Return to Ephemera - ads, cards, catalogs, periodicals