Victorinox Classic Chrono 1/100

This is where wristwatches are discussed

Moderator: Cary Hurt

Forum rules
Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Victorinox Classic Chrono 1/100

New postby Dch48 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:06 pm

Got this in yesterday from Jomashop. I had a little difficulty setting it up and at one point thought it was defective. I couldn't set the month or date or get the stopwatch function to work right. I followed the instructions that came with it and watched the video from Victorinox and it still wouldn't work right. I then discovered that you have to calibrate the stopwatch first by setting all 3 hands to 12 and the two number wheels to 0. Then you can go back and set up the hour, minute, year, month, and date and everything then works perfectly. The instruction pamphlet doesn't even show you how to calibrate the stopwatch and their video shows it as the last step when it should be the first. Once set, the calendar is perpetual so you never have to reset anything until you have to change the battery. It takes a large 3V CR2320 battery that can last at least 5 years.
In time mode the 2 number wheels show the date and in Chrono mode they show 100ths of seconds. The movement is a unique 5 motor quartz one made especially for Victorinox by a Swiss company called Soprod. The minute hand moves once every 20 seconds and the hour hand once every 6 minutes and keeps perfect time. I love the watch.
Victorinox.jpg
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

Re: Victorinox Classic Chrono 1/100

New postby Mikie_T » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:26 pm

That is a very nice looking watch Donald. And it seems to have a lot of good functions.
I'm curious.... I have never looked into the battery watches very much SO....
Do they have mechanisms that electronically keep perfect time?
I know that cell phones and clocks that get their time from a satellite keep accepted "perfect time".
I need an education on electronic watches.

Mike
:?:
Mike Turner

Elgin National Watch Company, Elgin, Illinois.... Founded 1864. Makers of Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches, Bomb Sights and Precision Instruments.
Mikie_T

New postby Dch48 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pm

A watch that says it is Atomic or radio controlled will connect to a time broadcast service every night and adjust the time. If it is a regular quartz watch it will keep time within 15 seconds a month or usually better.
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

New postby Mikie_T » Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:49 am

Thanks Donald!
Watches in general are so interesting. But now I starting to get a new interest in the area of the wrist watch.
I do want to add a few Elgins wrist watches to my collection AND I probably NEED to get a couple electronic watches too.
(Heaven forbid i should ever run out of things I want to buy)

Mike
;)
Mike Turner

Elgin National Watch Company, Elgin, Illinois.... Founded 1864. Makers of Pocket Watches, Wrist Watches, Bomb Sights and Precision Instruments.
Mikie_T

New postby brownsrplm » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:58 pm

Mike,
Trust me, you won't run out of things to buy!!!
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

New postby Mikie_T » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:45 am

brownsrplm wrote:Mike,
Trust me, you won't run out of things to buy!!!

LOL.... Nope, I haven't had any difficulty finding things that needed rescuing yet.

Mike
:D
Mike Turner

Mikie_T

Return to Wristwatches