Timex question

This is where wristwatches are discussed

Moderator: Cary Hurt

Forum rules
Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Timex question

New postby Dch48 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:25 pm

I have a Timex that says US Time in a rectangle on the back cover. I opened it to regulate it a bit then put it back together and it ran great. Then I tried to set it and after doing so the crown would not push in enough to return to the winding position. I also noticed that the dial moved when I pulled the crown in and out. I reopened it and studied it and came to the conclusion that some kind of dial spacer was missing. I cut a thin strip of inkjet paper and put it in between the edge of the case and the dial. Now it works and sets perfectly. The movement looks to be the early model 21. Was there supposed to be a spacer ring in there in addition to the movement holder piece? If so I don't have it. It may have fallen out when I had the watch open the first time but if it did I can't find it. Would anyone have one or tell me where I could get one? The case measures 33mm without the crown.
USTime.jpg

USTime2.jpg
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

Re: Timex question

New postby Glyn Meredith » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:54 am

Good fix, Don.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Re: Timex question

New postby Dch48 » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Glyn Meredith wrote:Good fix, Don.

Thanks, but, I discovered that the inner ring of the case back IS the spacer. I just wasn't getting the back on right. The paper is no longer needed.
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

Return to Wristwatches