Western Union self winding clock.

Western Union self winding clock.

New postby veritas » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

DSC02553.JPG
I have wanted one of these clocks for a very long time. Finally bought one. It was expensive for me to buy, but i know i will like it.Seller on Ebay says it runs. I have not hooked up the battery and leads to it yet. I hung it today on the wall and unlocked the pendulum. It dis start ticking. Must have some reserve power still in the m spring. I like it too because of the size, 20 or so inches across it and a 16 inch dial.
here are a few pictures of it. It is now on the wall in the diningroom.

DSC02557.JPG
DSC02554.JPG
DSC02559.JPG
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pics placed inline.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

Re: Western Union self winding clock.

New postby brownsrplm » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 am

Kevin,
They have conversion kits for these old clocks that they sell on the bay quite often. It's just to convert the batteries over to conventional one's that we use now. May be a good idea to invest in one of those. Nice pick by the way, I had one about 15 years back and traded it off for some other much needed items. In hind sight, I probably should have just held on to it.
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Re: Western Union self winding clock.

New postby veritas » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:00 am

Thanks Ray, yes i bet you would love to have your clock back. I found what i needed on a web site Kens clock clinic. He has parts and lots of info on these clocks
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

Return to Industrial Timekeepers