Gibberish/Gobledgook/Inappropriate

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Gibberish/Gobledgook/Inappropriate

New postby John Arrowood » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:15 pm

When I signed on this morning, there were a few postings in various lists that were all from the same source and appeared to be texts of news articles and other post of questionable connection to the area in which they appeared. There were some links included in the postings. I did not click on any of them and am hoping that no one else did. I can't find the postings now so I assume some caught them and deleted. The links may have been entirely above board but since they had nothing to do with horology I was afraid they were links to viruses, Trojan horses, and other malware. Thanks very much to whoever deleted them. I neglected to make a note of the poster's name.
John Arrowood
John Arrowood

NAWCC #: 022912

Re: Gibberish/Gobledgook/Inappropriate

New postby MartyW » Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:30 pm

John:

It appears that Glyn took care of all of those posts that were obviously done by some sort of spammer and has changed the process of registration now, or so I believe.

Some folks are just sick.

Marty
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby Glyn Meredith » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Hi, folks,

Just as Marty noted. Also, until I can be certain that there's no other way for spammers to get a hold on parts of our MB, there will be no further sending out of e-mails from the board. This means that you will not get notifications of new posts and will not be able to e-mail other members through the board e-mailer.

If you need a new password, or other function notified by e-mail, please contact me at webmaster@global-horology.com

I hope this measure does not inconvenience our members too much. We have an internal PM system and I know that most of our regulars know each others' e-mail addresses.

I urge all our users and members to visit GH regularly and check the latest posts.

Many thanks for your understanding and support.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Marty101 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:36 am

Well,I missed the action,but thanks to all for keeping GH safe. :)
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Glyn Meredith » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:22 pm

Housekeeping: Topic moved to this forum from Water Cooler.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Message Board Help Desk