Problem getting replies to posts

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Problem getting replies to posts

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sun May 17, 2015 1:24 pm

Hi, Jim,

... Glyn,

I am not getting any reply's to post when I post to them, therefore don't know what is happening unless I check myself? I have the reply box checked ...

You have already said that your reply box is checked so I'm assuming you checked the "Notify me when a reply is posted" box in Options ...

1. If you "Subscribe" to any topic (bottom left side of topic page) you should get a notification of the next post in that topic.

2. Failing that, you might have posts going to a spam filter on your e-mailer, or a box which your non-regular e-mail gets diverted to.

Did you get my e-mail reply to you on this subject? If not, #2 above might apply.

Good luck with this, Please let me know what happens.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Re: Problem getting replies to posts

New postby pocwatjim » Sun May 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Glyn,
No, I didn't recieve a notice about a reply to this thread or any threads I reply to . I have a seperate spam mail box and they are not in that. This has been going on for several years now. Does anyone else have the problem. I have AOL with Internet Explorer as my browser.
Jim Haney
pocwatjim

Skype Account: pocwatjim
NAWCC #: 138323

New postby brownsrplm » Sun May 17, 2015 7:33 pm

Jim,
Sounds like a problem with a setting within AOL. I used to use them but gave it up every time a change came out they would also change some setting I wanted left alone. I use GMail as my primary email client now to get away from all that and it's free to use! Once you set it up you can change your default email here on GH and that should solve all your problems. I also keep my business emails separate from everything else this way...
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

New postby Glyn Meredith » Tue May 19, 2015 10:48 am

Hi, folks,

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Neilywatch » Tue May 19, 2015 5:50 pm

I still have AOL on IE and I never got email alerts either. When I shifted this forum to my Verizon email, I also changed the box to get alerts and now I get them. Not sure if the problem is with AOL or the way Jim has it set up.
Neil Wohl
Neilywatch

NAWCC #: 0122281

Return to Message Board Help Desk