Contacting members

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Contacting members

New postby Dch48 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:43 pm

From advice given here I decided to try and contact the member RJN to see about getting my Crescent Street and maybe also my Hampden serviced. It would not let me email him and the PM I composed says sent but is residing in my Outbox and not in the sent folder. I'm not sure it was sent at all now. I'd like to contact him since he's in Ticonderoga and not far from me here in Plattsburgh. I also saw that he has received favorable reviews from other people.
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

Re: Contacting members

New postby mars-red » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Donald,

From what I've noticed, PMs always reside in your Outbox until the recipient opens them. I'm sure Glyn could confirm whether this is the case.

-Max
mars-red

NAWCC #: 0174607

New postby chief » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:26 am

I sent your request to RJN via e-mail.
Ed Kitner
chief

NAWCC #: 0170019

New postby Marty101 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:42 am

It's OK Don-like Max said it'll look that way until they are opened.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:40 am

Correct. Thanks for comments from other members.

BTW: Full members (those who are verified and NAWCC members) can use the message board e-mail system too. Users who have not had their addresses verified may use the PM system only. This is to protect our members from spam.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Dch48 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:17 am

He already got back to me and said he is still offering the service but the prices have gone up. Servicing now costs $75 for up to 17j watches and $95 for those with more than 17. I guess that's still pretty reasonable but he's going on vacation now for about 3 weeks so I have time to decide.

Thanks for the help guys and I feel I have to say this. The members here are considerably friendlier and welcoming to newbies like me than I have found to be the case at the NAWCC forum. They're not nasty by any means but a little more standoffish and haughty. You guys are great. Keep up the good work.
Donald C. Henderson
Dch48

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 am

Thanks for the comments, Don. Without sacrificing any modesty I cay say that we know well what you are referring to because many people have registered here over the past four years with similar stories. There are other Internet horology sites, of course, but here you will find straight dealing as well as a friendly and supportive community.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Message Board Help Desk