Posting. How is it....

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Posting. How is it....

New postby Canuck » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:00 pm

I have an image 105 megs in size that I have tried 6 times to upload to the Wrist watch (Which watch are you wearing..) board, unsuccessfully. I've posted successfully on several occasions using the same procedures! I understand the largest size for posting is 330 megs? If this is the case, can anyone suggest what it is I am doing wrong? Are all posts reviewed by a moderator before they are added, or what?
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

Re: Posting. How is it....

New postby Canuck » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:47 pm

It's okay. I finally succeeded after 7 attempts! Sheesh!
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

New postby watchguy » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:25 pm

That's odd. Must have been some kind of internet glitch. Have you tried one of of photo services? I take high quality pictures and then use http://www.photosize.com/ to resize it.
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

New postby Canuck » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Derek,

I use Microsoft Publisher 2007 which allows me to down-size, crop, etc., etc., and I only succeeded after 5 different combinations of cropping and down-sizeng. In any event, I was finally able to post the picture in Which Watch are you Wearing.
Doug Sinclair
Canuck

New postby Glyn Meredith » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:28 am

Canuck wrote:Derek,

I use Microsoft Publisher 2007 which allows me to down-size, crop, etc., etc., and I only succeeded after 5 different combinations of cropping and down-sizeng. In any event, I was finally able to post the picture in Which Watch are you Wearing.

Large pics, small file is the way to go. We can accept pics up to 1100 x 1100 pixels within a file size of 300K (not meg!!) :o :lol:

The secret with uploading pics is to use jpeg compression. A high-quality, detailed, large pic can be uploaded here within the 300K file size as long as it has previously been "saved as" a jpeg, using compression. Not every picture-viewing application has that facility but all picture-editing applications do.

Cropping a pic will often cut out unnecessary detail but it's not the way to go if you are looking to reduce the file size. Focus on "save as" and make a copy of your original file - probably with a slightly different name (I always add an "a" to the end of the file name).
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Stephan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:08 am

Try emailing it to yourself. When you do this windows steps in and asks you if you want to resize the image. Comes back to you ready to post.

Don't attach it to an email.

Just find the file with explorer, right click on it and select "send to" and then select "mail recipient" and then select your self from the list that will appear.

You will need to have your own details in your email address book.
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Proud Member of Global Horology and Chapter 149
Stephan

Skype Account: stephan.gaal

New postby Jdzwatches » Sun May 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Well after 4 hrs trying to post pics.I give up,at least for today.I have no problem posting on facebook,no problem sending pics to a friend but I connot seem to post them at GH.Even had windows compress the photos and send them to my iPhone and still no success at GH,I'm beat maybe another day. JD
'JD' - James Green
Jdzwatches

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sun May 15, 2011 10:40 pm

James, please e-mail me a sample pic and I will take a look at the dimensions and file size. Let's take it from there ...

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

New postby perby » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:45 am

I am having trouble trying to post on the items wanted board.
Could you tell me why.
Thanks,
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby Glyn Meredith » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:06 am

Hi, Bill. Thank you for asking; it's an easy fix and is simply about trust and security. Send me a PM or e-mail with your phone number and I will call you.

A reminder to everyone ... We send an e-mail to all who register; in there is the advice: "If you wish to engage in trading on our forums, we will need to verify your name and address."

Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Return to Message Board Help Desk