Size of window to type a new topic

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Size of window to type a new topic

New postby Andy Krietzer » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:49 pm

I'm not sure what you call this, but the area where you type a message into before you submit it. I was recently trying to type a long message, and it would not let me see what I was typing as the letter got longer. The gray bar at the right was there, and I could move it so I could see what I had already typed, but as soon as I typed anything, the screen would jump and show only the top of the box. I could still type, I just couldn't see what I was typing at the time. I usually don't type long messages, so maybe this is the way it always works? I tend to make a lot of typing errors, so I try to correct as I go. Is there a way of doing this? I also notice a "pre" button at the right (center above the box before you submit a message). What does it mean to "preformat the text"?

Andy
Andy Krietzer

NAWCC #: 140894

Re: Size of window to type a new topic

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:16 pm

If you want to write a long message, Andy, you could use an off-line application such as Word or Notepad and then copy/paste your message. Alternatively, you could preview your message from time to time before you post it.

Glyn
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Message Board Help Desk