Basic instructions for posting with images

Ask how something works or for help in posting. NAWCC-related topics that were in this forum are in the Chapter 192 Meeting Room archive.

Re: Basic instructions for posting with images

New postby Glyn Meredith » Fri May 29, 2009 5:16 am

We are now using a "thumbnail" function on this board. This enables pages to be loaded faster. Click on any recently uploaded picture and it will reappear for you at the size it was when uploaded by the poster. To get back to the topic and the post that you were viewing, go back one page in your browser.

Also, try using the "Place inline" choice when you attach pics. That removes the larger white border and the word "Attachment". I think it looks better.

A reminder: you can load up to eight pics with a post - each pic with a maximum file size of 300K. Most digital camera pic files are considerably larger than that, so some resizing of the file is almost inevitable. Choices for editing files are noted in previous posts.

Good luck with posting attached photos. We love pics! :D

Glyn

Original-size example copy.jpg
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update information on attachment limits.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby vincec44 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:21 am

Hi guys: I have gone through my "Stuff" and come up with 15 or so watch chains??? that I would appreciate help in identifying. I took the pictures and loaded them onto the Photobucket site so as not to overload this site with the 25 or so photos and comments. Is it acceptable to post them here thru a link? Thanks, Vince
Vince Carlisle
vincec44

New postby Glyn Meredith » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:39 am

Hi, Vince. As you might have noticed, all pics on this site are attached, not links. Please do not post links to off-site pics. There is always the possibility of broken links; they spoil the integrity of a topic.

We have no problem showing attached pics here. Please use the "Upload attachment" function when you post your message - up to 8 pics per post.

Many thanks for your support.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby vincec44 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 am

Glyn; Thanks for the info, that is why I asked, did not want to upset the cart. I will post as you suggested. I also have 5 nice old ladies wrist watches I will post as soon as I figure where to post them. No problem, I will figure it out. Again, thanks. Vince
Vince Carlisle
vincec44

Previous

Return to Message Board Help Desk