T Eaton

T Eaton

New postby veritas » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:37 pm

T2.jpg
T 1.jpg
Since i live in Canada i have wanted a T Eaton pocket watch for a while. I found one at a fleamarket for 45 dolars. It needed some work, but not a lot. Its a 16 sz, 17 jewels adjusted movement, made by Gallet. I really love the Canadian dial, 24 hour time. And i have not found any that were really selling for a decent price locally or online, i was lucky i think to find this one.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

Re: T Eaton

New postby perby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:43 am

Hi Kevin,
I have always liked the |Gallet T.Eaton watches, nice pick for you.
The only T.Eaton I have left is my 21j, 5 position, lever set, although I at this point think that they were not RR approved, they were definitely RR grade. At the same time I think that they were sometimes snuck in on Cdn RR service, as they could be maintained to all specs. You will notice by the pictures it is similar in appearance to a Waltham 1892, and I believe that was intentional, as they knew that the Vanguards that the T.Eaton Co. sold, were a very popular movement for RR use. I am now looking for a 23 j,RR grade T.Eaton Gallet, for a reasonable price, ( if there is such a thing).
I am sure some of you have seen in other posts by myself, these pictures of this watch, but it does not appear that there are that many out there.
Bill
Bill Manders
perby

New postby veritas » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:24 pm

Hi Bill, yes the watch you are looking for may be quite rare, many families may be holding onto some pocket watches as well.
I do believe they could have been used on some Canadian railroads, as our regulations were not the same here.
Some T Eaton watches used Omega movements i found and also there was a way they were marked on the dials, as to what movement was used in the particular watch.
I liked my 18 sz T Eaton watch and sold it though, really wanted a 16 sz. I find on Ebay its a gamble whether they sell high or low.
I have gained more interest in watches used on Canadian rail roads and i do a lot of looking for them.

This is a interesting read on the T Eaton logo on the dials, http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/eatons ... 56983.html
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby perby » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 pm

I mentioned that some had seen the pictures and then forgot to post them !!
Eaton 21j 002.jpg
Eaton 21j 005.jpg
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pics placed inline.
Bill Manders
perby

Return to Other pocket watches