Enamel Urn Clock

If you ask here, someone may tell you what they think of your timepiece, or one that you are interested in. All advice is free. Do not to base your trading or other financial decisions on information given in this forum. We do not accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur as an outcome of your taking advice here. If financial value is important to you, please consult a professional valuer or appraisal expert.
Forum rules
You may ask about the value of any item. However, if that item is in a live sale or auction the topic is likely to be closely moderated. Please post ONE ITEM per topic.

Enamel Urn Clock

New postby harold » Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I have very little information on this lovely piece. The little clock stand about 5 inches tall and the light green enamel is in perfect condition. The movement is an ordinary 16 size pocket watch movement. The chapter ring needs to be repainted. I have not run it for a while but I believe the movement is in order but needs a cleaning. I am downsizing and need to know what it is worth. Any help and interest would be appreciated.

Enamel Urn Clock.JPG
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Pic placed inline. Looks neater.
Harold E.A. Steurer
harold

NAWCC #: 019454

Re: Enamel Urn Clock

New postby Neilywatch » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:41 pm

These are Austrian and date from the 1870's to the 1880's. I had a client who used to bring me these to fix. He was paying up to $2,000 for some of them. Don't know if they are worth that much now, less if they need service and/or restoration. In my opinion, I think a safe number if you are looking to sell it off is to expect anywhere from $750 to $1000, as is. The rest is up to you.
Neil Wohl
Neilywatch

NAWCC #: 0122281

Re: Enamel Urn Clock

New postby harold » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:58 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Harold E.A. Steurer
harold

NAWCC #: 019454

Return to Appraisal Desk