Emporio Armani Chronograph

If you ask here, someone may tell you what they think of your timepiece, or one that you are interested in. All advice is free. Do not to base your trading or other financial decisions on information given in this forum. We do not accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur as an outcome of your taking advice here. If financial value is important to you, please consult a professional valuer or appraisal expert.
Forum rules
You may ask about the value of any item. However, if that item is in a live sale or auction the topic is likely to be closely moderated. Please post ONE ITEM per topic.

Emporio Armani Chronograph

New postby Irwin » Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm clearing out stuff and I came across this Emporio Armani watch.
It doesn't run - perhaps all it needs is a new battery - I haven't tested it, and the crystal has a large chip.
Though I don't know if it's a Chinese fake or the genuine thing, I have a feeling it is the real deal.
Before I put it on eBay I would like to be reassured it is OK.
Is there any way to recognize the genuine article, and if I was to lever the back off, can it be put back without a press?
Anybody know anything about these?

EA3.jpg

EA4.jpg
IF
Irwin
GH Moderator

Skype Account: sirirwin
NAWCC #: 167882

Re: Emporio Armani Chronograph

New postby Neilywatch » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Irwin-

To check if the watch is real - make sure the chrono functions actually do work after the battery is put in. IF not then it is fake.

For all intents and purposes it is a Chinese watch. Everything but the movement is built in China. You will need a case closer to close the back once you get it open.

You won't get very much for it as is. And if it is more than a battery. IT is not worth the trouble to fix. I suggest including it in a lot of watches to be sold as is.
Neil Wohl
Neilywatch

NAWCC #: 0122281

Re: Emporio Armani Chronograph

New postby Irwin » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:17 am

Thanks Neil for the sound advice.
To save the hassle, I'll include it together with some other unwanted items and pass it on that way.
IF
Irwin
GH Moderator

Skype Account: sirirwin
NAWCC #: 167882

Return to Appraisal Desk