Chelsea Clocks 1906 Catalog A*Original*

If you ask here, someone may tell you what they think of your timepiece, or one that you are interested in. All advice is free. Do not to base your trading or other financial decisions on information given in this forum. We do not accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur as an outcome of your taking advice here. If financial value is important to you, please consult a professional valuer or appraisal expert.
Forum rules
You may ask about the value of any item. However, if that item is in a live sale or auction the topic is likely to be closely moderated. Please post ONE ITEM per topic.

Chelsea Clocks 1906 Catalog A*Original*

New postby BrittanyTinkham » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Hello, I have recently acquired a pretty hefty Collection of First Edition Clock and Watch Books and Catalogs. Upon vigorous research online I have yet to find much help on appraising,considering most of them are very rare and from my knowledge not reprints. The Item in question is a Hardcover Bound "Chelsea Clocks 1906" "Illustrated Catalogue of Chelsea Clocks Co. clocks" there is no "No." that you typically find that corresponds to what copy number it is. Concluding my research this is the most helpful tip I could find.
"Prior to 1906 "Chelsea" Clock Company advertised their clocks in magazines such as “The Rudder" and "Country Life In America". During the early years of the company "Chelsea" spent the better part of their creative energy in designing and patenting numerous clock movements and cases. By 1906 these design efforts had been completed and "Chelsea" presented these ideas to the world in their first catalog, Catalog A of September 1, 1906. Over the next century "Chelsea" would add to this first catalog as new items were added or removed and prices were changed. "Chelsea" catalogs were noted by letter until 1928 when they were subsequently noted by number starting with catalog #14. Catalog A of 1906 contains 32 total pages. Two copies of this catalog are known to exist. One owned by the American Clock and Watch Museum, Bristol, CT. and the only known complete copy owned by the Chelsea Clock Museum"
Brittany Tinkham-Emmer
BrittanyTinkham

Re: Chelsea Clocks 1906 Catalog A*Original*

New postby BrittanyTinkham » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:45 pm

I Also acquired "Waterbury Clocks 1867" Catalog and "Western Clock Co. 1902" Catalog as well as Hundreds of other first edition First print rare books on Clocks and watches"
Brittany Tinkham-Emmer
BrittanyTinkham

Return to Appraisal Desk