Civil War Era Cannonball For Sale .........

GH "Members" (NAWCC members and GH registered users with verified addresses) may trade here.
Forum rules
You must be at least 18 years of age to trade here. Only GH "Members" (NAWCC members and GH registered users with verified addresses) may trade here.

Sellers should give full disclosure of condition and provenance of items. If any member asks a question about the item on sale or shows interest in buying, this must be followed through by both the seller and the potential buyer until there is a sale or until it is clearly stated that there will be no transaction and the item is still for sale (or has been sold elsewhere).

Civil War Era Cannonball For Sale .........

New postby MartyW » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:04 pm

I am 99% certain that this is the real deal as it matches all of the things that I have found online.

MVC-005S.JPG
MVC-004S.JPG
MVC-003S.JPG
MVC-002S.JPG
MVC-001S.JPG

This ball is magnetic, weighs exactly 3 pounds, 11.2 ounces, on the post office scale, and is 3.003 inches across the largest diameter. It clearly shows a cast mark but I could not find the sprue mark.

Delivered to any U.S. zip code for $40.00. (the cheapest mailing was quoted to me at just over $15.00 by the posties).

Will accept any type of payment except PayPal......your personal check, money order or old fashioned cash. 5 scans for your pleasure.
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

Re: Civil War Era Cannonball For Sale .........

New postby Glyn Meredith » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:56 am

If I were in USA, I would take a shot at that. :o

Seems to me to be a good price for a bit of history.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby MartyW » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Glyn Meredith wrote:If I were in USA, I would take a shot at that. :o

Seems to me to be a good price for a bit of history.
Very nice play on words. :lol: Do you want me to get a quote what it would cost to send it to the Mother Country?
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby Glyn Meredith » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:10 pm

Nice idea, Marty, but I'd have to get an import license from my wife. It's not going to happen. :D
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Flea Market - sell anything here