NAWCC Bulletins, Horological Times, 100%Charity Ebay auction

GH "Members" (NAWCC members and GH registered users with verified addresses) may trade here.
Forum rules
You must be at least 18 years of age to trade here. Only GH "Members" (NAWCC members and GH registered users with verified addresses) may trade here.

Sellers should give full disclosure of condition and provenance of items. If any member asks a question about the item on sale or shows interest in buying, this must be followed through by both the seller and the potential buyer until there is a sale or until it is clearly stated that there will be no transaction and the item is still for sale (or has been sold elsewhere).

NAWCC Bulletins, Horological Times, 100%Charity Ebay auction

New postby syeht » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:57 pm

I have on Ebay two auctions, 100% of both auctions are going to charity.The magazines are old, but a lot of useful tidbits that you can use even today.

Auction started 9-23-14

Auction titles or look for wi-reyabe
1. Horological Times magazine may1992,all 1993except March,Jan&Feb1994,lots of info
2. 11 Nawcc Bulletins From 1987 to 1991---100% donation to charity
Paul Theys
syeht

Re: NAWCC Bulletins, Horological Times, 100%Charity Ebay auction

New postby John Arrowood » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Good luck with your sale. I had about 25 years worth of the Bulletin and the only issues I was able to sell were the half dozen or so issues that had the articles on railroad watches. Even with book rate postage it can be expensive to mail multiple issues. The others I couldn't give away; tried to donate to a local library but they weren't interested so they went to the dump. I took the first 14-15 bulletin supplements to a regional hoping I could get a few dollars for them, but there was no interest. I ended up leaving them on the registration table with a card saying "free" before registration started on Sat morning as I was checking out to return home.
John Arrowood
John Arrowood

NAWCC #: 022912

New postby Glyn Meredith » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:19 pm

Links to your auctions would be helpful, Paul, or just post the auction numbers here and I will post the links.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Stephan » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:00 am

My local doctor and even the fish and chip shop have a pile of magazines on a table for people to flick through while they wait for service.
Be nice to find a couple of Bulletin's in there beside the usual collection of Women's Weakly, Nation Geographic and 4WD mags.

Better than throwing them out.
Be fun to see if they were still there on your next visit and see how well used they looked.
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Proud Member of Global Horology and Chapter 149
Stephan

Skype Account: stephan.gaal

New postby Marty101 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:15 am

Good idea there Stephan. I've heard how others have ended up in the trash,and the stuff that ends up in doctors offices is usually pretty bad.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby richiec » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:08 pm

I tried to give away my bulletins, no one wanted them. Same with my 40 year collection of automotive shop manuals. The shop manuals did disappear when put on the curb, the garbage men fought over them, Mitchell's, Motors, etc. I did keep a couple from the late 1940's for fun, back when all of the car models were in one book about 300 pages long. I tried Craig's list etc. Most of my old bulletins have ended up in recycling unfortunately. I have kept the ones important to me. Good luck. Now that they are digitized, anyone can look at any of them at any time.
Richard Cross
richiec

NAWCC #: 0168470

New postby Marty101 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:42 pm

I'm afraid someday it'll all get lost if this keeps up. I see our kids without hard copies of anything-nothing at all. :(
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Stephan » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:37 am

More and more they rely on online stuff.
Bit like navigating. They all have sat navs now.

They will be in trouble if they have to use a map or street directory. :shock:
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Proud Member of Global Horology and Chapter 149
Stephan

Skype Account: stephan.gaal

Return to Flea Market - sell anything here