Pocket Watch Repair

Forum rules
Ask the Webmaster if you want to advertise here. We approve any ad that we feel serves the interests of this community.

Please post ONE ITEM PER TOPIC and post ATTACHED PICS only, NOT IMAGE LINKS.

Pocket Watch Repair

New postby RJN » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:35 pm

Hello forum members. My name is Roger Nolfe and I repair pocket watches. I specialize in American models from the late 1800's thru the 1950's, but I can tackle the Swiss made watches as well.

The main problem with Swiss watches is obtaining parts. I can also repair wristwatches that tick. I don't repair battery operated watches.

My background consists of 30+ years working for IBM, now retired. My IBM experience gave me a skill set that let me pursue watch repair as a hobby when I retired. Over the last few years I have honed my skills and acquired the necessary tools to be able to repair my own watches as well as watches of people who have found me thru word of mouth.

You can send me a PM with your needs and I will get back to you.I usually charge $75 to completely take down a pocket watch (up to 17 jewels - others higher), clean, oil and adjust it and polish the case; $95 over 17 jewels and for most makes and models.

If problems are found I always discuss the situation with the owner before proceeding with repairs.

Thank You,
Roger
Last edited by Glyn Meredith on Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Update details of the service charge: "I usually charge $75 ... / $95 ... "
Roger J. Nolfe
RJN

NAWCC #: 168430

Re: Pocket Watch Repair

New postby veritas » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Roger good to see you here.Your price to clean and oil and adjust a watch is very reasonable.You must be getting a few customers. :D
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby Marty101 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:05 pm

Roger's got my business; I'll vouch for this man anytime.

This man has proven his character to me in a way that demands my respect. He has defended the innocent when they were unable to defend themselves; without personal gain and putting himself at risk. I'd trust this man with more than my pocket watches...
And when I get my 4992B back all shiny and new I'll post a pic' for all to see. :D
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby Glyn Meredith » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:02 am

Hi, folks.

I have just edited Roger's opening post to show his small increase in basic charge to $65. as Roger puts it: "... still very low and done mostly as a courtesy to members of forums who appreciate horology and these wonderful little machines."

I agree. Last time Roger fixed a Hamilton for me, he did a great job at a good price. I'm very pleased that we have him as a member here and offering his services too.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby Glyn Meredith » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:23 am

Hi, folks,

Update: Roger tells me that he has been busy and has acquired a lot more watchmakers tools, including 4 lathes, several benches, 4 ultrasonic cleaners, 2 L&R cleaners ... and a lot more. He has set up a shop in his basement so that he can work more efficiently, and is having a lot of fun bringing back so many watches from the dead.

Roger comes well recommended.
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

Return to Advertise Your Services Here