NAWCC School of Horology and VA Bill

Post here for general news and events about horological associations and societies.
Forum rules
General news and information of public interest is allowed here. No discussion of internal chapter or private business. If in doubt, consult the message board management before posting.

NAWCC School of Horology and VA Bill

New postby watchguy » Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:14 pm

I'm currently a student a the School of Horology. I'm a veteran and am attending the school mostly because my VA benefits will pay for a large portion of the tuition. At least it's supposed to work that way.
I've been here since June and have yet to get the benefits I've worked for. I've talked with both the school and the helpline at the VA numerous times. It sounds like it comes down to this- The school has declared it has been approved for 1540 clock hours, the VA says it's only been approved for 1240. I've already been disapproved once in September becaue of the discrepency in hours. I talked to the school after my rejection letter. They said it was straightened out and they resubmitted my enrollment. I talked to the VA again yesterday and was told I won't be approved because of the clock hours issue again!
What gives? I've been a member of the NAWCC since 2007 and a Veteran since 2003. The school advertises that they are approved for the VA bill.
Please, let's get this straightened out so other veterans can attend our great school!
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

Re: NAWCC School of Horology and VA Bill

New postby Tom Huber » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:22 am

Derek, as a fellow vet who used his VA benefits for grad school, it can sometimes be frustrating. You haven't reached the right person yet. I think it is time to give your congressman a call. I'll bet he/she can get a straight answer for you.

Tom
Tom Huber

NAWCC #: 083412

Re: NAWCC School of Horology and VA Bill

New postby watchguy » Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 am

Thanks Tom,
That's exactly what I have planned for my next step.

Derek
watchguy

NAWCC #: 0168246

Return to Horological Associations and Societies