Ebay Slapped Me

Links to active on-line auctions or sales go here (not your own sales). Please read the forum rules before posting.
Forum rules
Links to active on-line auctions or sales go here (not your own sales). If an item appears to be misrepresented, please do not rush to judgment and disparage sellers or items, but try to offer constructive advice to help buyers and sellers alike. Any discussion which turns into a witch-hunt or might alter the outcome of an auction or sale unreasonably to the detriment of buyers or sellers will be closely moderated.

Ebay Slapped Me

New postby Marty101 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:57 am

Oh well...here's my terrible deed.I really thought it was a SUGGESTION that we not trade data on ebay for our "protection". Now it's policy I guess:

Hello martybspace,
We’re writing to let you know that activity on your account may not be following an important eBay policy that requires all transactions and payments to be completed through eBay. The same policy specifies that eBay member-to-member messages may not be used to share contact information.

For example(s), review your listing and member messages regarding the following:
332178682023 - HAMILTON 16S RAILROAD SET

There’s a very good reason for this policy. Only transactions conducted through eBay can be covered by eBay Seller Protections—programs that help ensure sellers can conduct business on eBay with confidence. Also, eBay has invested a great amount to bring you buyers, and we want to continue to partner with you in the fulfillment of transactions with them.

Even if a buyer requests to work with you directly, it’s important to use the methods eBay provides to personalize a transaction. For example, you can make a private offer to your buyer. You can also set up your listings to invite best offers.

We understand that you might not have known about our rules that don’t allow sharing contact information in messages or making an offer to sell outside of eBay. We encourage you to review the details of the policy to understand what you can and can’t do. At this time, no further action is being taken on your account; we want to educate you on the policy. Make sure you follow these guidelines. If you don't, you may be subject to a range of actions, including limits of your buying and selling privileges, application of fees, suspension of your account(s), and restrictions on listing search page exposure and account features.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

Re: Ebay Slapped Me

New postby pocwatjim » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:44 pm

Marty,
First time I have seen that.

Up until a few weeks ago they had the PM rigged with a catch that blocked email address if you sent yours to someone.

I have bought many items from sellers who didn't get a bid on their items.

You can still use the Contact Member feature to connect to someone.
Jim Haney
pocwatjim

Skype Account: pocwatjim
NAWCC #: 138323

New postby Marty101 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am

Jim, I used a simple "code" spacing my email words a few spaces apart to slip by the ebay police. Or it did until recently. Been doing it for years,but now they have nailed me. Nothing devious involved and I am surprised at the reaction. Just wondered if others have been warned too.
Contact Member feature won't help-any ebay email is watched,so it makes it doubly tough to share any kind of contact data.
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby brownsrplm » Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:18 am

It all boils down to eBay wanting all control over sales "period". They don't like a potential sale slipping through their hands...
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Return to On-line trading - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly