CLOSED: Nice Seth Thomas 18 Size at Auction ......

GH Members can run their own auctions of horological items here or participate in some public auctions using Global Horology as a proxy. Please read the forum rules.
Forum rules
If you want to run your own auction here you must be at least 18 years of age and be a GH Member to participate in this forum. Registered users need to have their address verified by the message board management before they can be ranked as GH Members .

There are four basic rules for running your own auction:
1) Auction presentations must fully disclose the condition and known provenance of the items being sold, including any information that might influence a potential buyer. Selling an item "as is" will indicate that the item is not running reliably and should be considered as needing work or to be used for parts only.
2) You are responsible for running your own auctions, so you must be available to mind the auction and to post notice when the auction ends.
3) You may decide to cancel an auction before the original stated end-time or extend it, but you should make this clear by posting that on the auction topic when it starts.
4) When the auction has finished, you should post notice of its completion and the name of the winner.

A completed auction is a contract. Any disputes should be referred to the message board management, whose decision will be final.

CLOSED: Nice Seth Thomas 18 Size at Auction ......

New postby MartyW » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:52 pm

I am really surprised to see that there has been no action on this thread for a long time, so I am going to try & revitalize it with a small watch auction. Allow me then to offer a really nice:

Seth Thomas - CHAUTAUQUA, 18 size, LS, which is housed in a 4-ounce Crescent Coin Silver Case. The serial number is 215012 and the watch is rated as a 1-Star in the "fat book". The case has decent remnants of an antelered animal on the back cover. Please note the small chips where the setting lever is, which are hidden by the cover. I have had this watch for over a year, it keeps very good time, but I have no idea as to when last serviced. There are 6 scans for your pleasure.

Will also trade up or down for 18 size keywind watches with "American" or "National" dials.

MY RULES OF ENGAGEMENT: I regret that I will only sell to U.S. buyers. If sold the money transaction cannot be through PayPal, but I will accept cash, personal check or postal money order. Your complete satisfaction is guaranteed or your money refunded upon return of the watch, no questions asked. Please look at the scans with care as they do a better job of a description than I can.

Communication is the key to problem free dealing. Have a question? Please ask, as I do not bite and reply ASAP.

I almost forgot.......the starting price is $225.00 and I will allow this auction to run until 2400 hrs on January 31, this year. Priority mailing and tracking will be an additional $6.50. That's midnight to you non-military type folks. You may, if you wish, ask questions at: nitram.w@eufaula.rr.com but I suppose everything should be done openly, on-forum.

MartyW

a - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
b - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
c - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
d - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
e - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
f - SETH THOMAS - 215012.JPG
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

Re: Nice Seth Thomas 18 Size at Auction ......

New postby Glyn Meredith » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Thanks for trying an auction, Marty. I hope it works well for you. Yes, any Q & A would be best posted here.

Is that 2400 hours, Jan 31, 2013 Eastern Standard Time?
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby MartyW » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:09 pm

Glyn Meredith wrote:Thanks for trying an auction, Marty. I hope it works well for you. Yes, any Q & A would be best posted here.

Is that 2400 hours, Jan 31, 2013 Eastern Standard Time?

Glyn:

Yup, that's correct. Exactly on the stroke of February 1, 2013, central time, which is 1 hour later than eastern.

Cheers,
MartyW
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby rrpktwtchr » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:28 pm

:shock: Uh-Uhhh, Sorry, Marty . . . but, I beg to differ, please . . . Central is one (1) earlier than Eastern! . . . 11PM Central = 12MN Eastern; therefore, 12MN Central = 1AM Eastern ;) I make this calculation on a daily basis as I live in Eastern & my daughter lives in Central.

Oh, Yeah - Nice Watch!
Timely regards,
Jim McKinney
rrpktwtchr

NAWCC #: 160287

New postby MartyW » Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:32 pm

Picky, picky, picky...............but you are correct. I must have posted that while I was asleep. :shock:

Mia culpa,
MartyW
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

New postby MartyW » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:47 pm

This sale is null and void and is no longer valid.

MartyW
Marty Wagner
Klaatu Barada Nikto
MartyW

Return to Horological Auctions (watches, clocks, parts, accessories, etc.)