Jonathan's (The Treasured Clock) Blog

A blog is an ongoing diary or commentary. You can communicate with other members or reflect on your life, work, or anything that comes to mind. Even if nobody reads your blog, you can keep it as an open journal. Few personal blogs rise to fame but you might gain a loyal following. One-line entries or post in great detail - it's up to you - but be prepared to receive questions and comments from other members.
Forum rules
Please take one "New Topic" and make it your blog - one topic only, please. Please post within the bounds of common decency and civility, and make your blog as long as you like. No advertising.

Any response on a blog should be to the blog owner, not to any other poster.

Jonathan's (The Treasured Clock) Blog

New postby The Treasured Clock » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:01 pm

Last night I went to Mount Pleasant Retirement Center. It appears that they have build a new chapel as an addtion to this center recently. The reason I went was that I was took by a friend of mine to hear an organ and piano duet concert. The music was beautiful and the performers mastered and executed the music very well. One piece written and composed by Franz Listz was a Prelude (Fantasy) and Toccata I believe in D major. The Toccata was very colorful an it had somewhat a fugue like variation in its theme, and very quick piece of music for 15 minutes. They also performed How Great Thou Art, an arrangement by Bob Ralston who formerly performed on the Lawrence Welk Show for several years, an organ and piano duet.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

NAWCC #: 0163966

Re: Jonathan's (The Treasured Clock) Blog

New postby Glyn Meredith » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:14 pm

It's good to see you are enjoying your retirement and have the time to run a blog, Jonathan.

I hope we hear more from you. Pictures are good too ... :D
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby The Treasured Clock » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:50 am

Glyn,
Maybe I might get right out retirement and pursue some of my vocational interests again. Yet on the other hand, I still enjoy what type of time off that I have. Also, I still may have to get whatever comes my way in the way of work. I have a few interests, of course music is one of them and horology is the other, specifically clocks. It seems that I have to work within too much constraints being placed on me in this area. I would like to have a few constraints so that there is a greater degree of flexibility. Spread my wings sort to speak and try new things in my vocational pursuits. I need to refine my vocational pursuits and get some support, include other things, broaden the scope. Clock appraisals would be a good idea, no guarantees of how successful I would be, this will be one of my pursuits. Or, maybe I have to get back into restuarant!?!?! It is a good thing to hear from you on my blog and that you are seeing that I am enjoying myself.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

New postby The Treasured Clock » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Over here on the state side, we have experienced a 5.8 magnitude earthquake on the east coast around 2:00 PM local time. It was felt here in some parts of Ohio where I live. It was not as strong as it was in Washington DC. I understand that the Washington Monument had been cracked due to the earthquake where it was the strongest felt. Good news for me, I may be getting a job shortly. Nice to get active in that area.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

New postby Stephan » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:42 am

You can still do work as a retired person.
I find the big difference is a retired person does what he feels like while the other people have to do what they are told, like it or not.
Perhaps this is why older people find it harder to get a job.
The Bose's know they can not bribe you with promises of riches or glory that never arrive.
We have been there and are wiser now.
I also find retired people are less concerned with payment or promotion.
To get a retired person to do something you have to get them interested in whatever it is.
It is the entertainment aspect that concerns them most.
Even the "retired" people I know who run a business do it differently. Profit seems less important.

For me, as I get older, far more than money I now value time cause I don't know how much I have left.
Hopefully lots. :D
Learning all the time.
Stephan Gaal

Proud Member of Global Horology and Chapter 149
Stephan

Skype Account: stephan.gaal

New postby Glyn Meredith » Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 am

Jonathan, I absolutely agree with Steve's take on retirement. :D

From here on it's downhill all the way. :o
Posted on GH recently? Your posts keep us going.

Meridian Height photo galleries

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you in trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." - Mark Twain
Glyn Meredith
Site Manager

Skype Account: nerimajin

New postby The Treasured Clock » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:52 am

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 I went with a friend of mine and his wife and supposedly it was to be a slide presentation on historic churches in Dayton, Ohio (state side). And what a disappointment for us, we could not even find the slide presentation let alone not knowing for sure whether they had it where we went or that it was cancelled. Somehow we made up for it and took a scenic walk along the river close by. Part of the same river runs along the back side of the apartment complex where I live. The name of the river is the Great Miami River which runs there Franklin, Ohio where I live also. One portion of the river runs from Dayton, Ohio through Cincinnati, Ohio and flows into the Ohio River. Maybe not what we expected, but we made do and enjoyed ourselves anyway. The portion of that day that was planned was not a complete wash and it worked out otherwise. And by the way I do not know for sure what my plans for Tuesday, November 8, 2011 will be like, I might do the best I can and just enjoy it, its my birthday.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

New postby The Treasured Clock » Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:51 pm

Whoever has been viewing and reading my blog, I would like to wish everyone the merriest of Christmas and the most blessed and happiest New Year. Glory to God in the highest and peace on earth and good will toward men.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

New postby The Treasured Clock » Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I would like to wish everyone worldwide a very Merry Christmas from Franklin, Ohio, USA.
Jonathan Lee Jones
Jonathan Lee Jones
The Treasured Clock
The Treasured Clock

Return to Blogs