Marty's Blog

A blog is an ongoing diary or commentary. You can communicate with other members or reflect on your life, work, or anything that comes to mind. Even if nobody reads your blog, you can keep it as an open journal. Few personal blogs rise to fame but you might gain a loyal following. One-line entries or post in great detail - it's up to you - but be prepared to receive questions and comments from other members.
Forum rules
Please take one "New Topic" and make it your blog - one topic only, please. Please post within the bounds of common decency and civility, and make your blog as long as you like. No advertising.

Any response on a blog should be to the blog owner, not to any other poster.

Re: Marty's Blog

New postby Marty101 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:00 am

0825171201-001.jpg
Well the garden did very well this year. Tomatoes,beans, everything ripened early and we are still picking. Last year the grapes were raided the night before picking by birds;almost every single grape gone. I suffered for that feast believe me...
This year we bought some netting and had better luck,here's a couple bowls my sweetie collected yesterday...
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

New postby richiec » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:47 pm

fabulous harvest Marty. My deer and rabbits did better than ever this year, devastated the daisies, hostas, pepper plants, larger tomato plants etc. The tomatos didn't like fencing around them so the yield was poor. Luckily they didn't touch the herbs. We tried sprays and everything. The only thing that did well were the cherry tomatos.
Richard Cross
richiec

NAWCC #: 0168470

New postby Marty101 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:39 am

I have a simple fence,just 1" steel conduit pipe for posts with 4' wide by 1" mesh wire rolled out on the pipe framework. Took me no time at all to set up and will last for 20 years. At ground level I have landscape logs,and the wire fencing is nailed to that with slats. Only mice can get in,and they aren't even steeling enough lettuce to set a trap....and we have a lot of mice and voles. Birds are the only thieves we worry about,and the netting about August over our grapes took care of that. :D
Keep winding things,
Marty Bell
Marty101

NAWCC #: 0168154

Previous

Return to Blogs