Jahreshuren-Fabrik 400 Day Bandstand Clock

Discussions about Torsion Pendulum Clocks

Jahreshuren-Fabrik 400 Day Bandstand Clock

New postby brownsrplm » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:09 pm

This is the other 400 day clock that I purchased on Thanksgiving Day. It is quite large at 17 1/2 inches tall and over 10 inches in diameter. The best I can tell, this clock was made around 1910 and looking in Terwilliger's book I find no example of the disk pendulum in there. It has two small screws in the side of the base to move the weights in or out to change the rate of spin. Most of these had screws on top of the disk that moved the weights, or had some sort of cam that was turned on top. I don't know if this disk is specific only to the bandstand clock, or was seen on other clocks made by Jahreshuren-Fabrik.

Anyhow this clock is also in original unmolested condition and runs very well. I had a hard time finding an appropriate place for this one due to its size. I placed it next to the Kaiser to show you the difference in size...

DSC00726.JPG

DSC00727.JPG

DSC00728.JPG

DSC00729.JPG

DSC00732.JPG
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Re: Jahreshuren-Fabrik 400 Day Bandstand Clock

New postby veritas » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:04 pm

Great looking bandstand clock. Very nice example. That is a really nice find, like it alot.
Kevin West
veritas

Skype Account: veritas323

New postby cannon pinion » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 pm

do them two monsters agree on what time it is? I wouldnt want them fighting in my kitchen.
Andrew Yale
cannon pinion

New postby cannon pinion » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:25 pm

do them two monsters agree on what time it is? I wouldnt want them fighting in my kitchen.
Andrew Yale
cannon pinion

New postby brownsrplm » Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:09 pm

They seem to be behaving and are keeping relatively good time at the moment. I will have to run them for a few days to see how far off they are. I have a no fighting policy in my house. All must get along!!! ;)
Raymund L. Brown
"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company".

George Washington
brownsrplm

NAWCC #: 177619

Return to Torsion Pendulum Clocks